More people than ever are learning the proper ways to use, store, and clean their cannabis items due to the legalisation of cannabis for medical purposes in 37 states out of which 18 of them have legalised the same for recreational purposes as well. Glass pipes are standard, so its important to know secrets to clean your pipe. However, because of the qualities of cannabis naturally, they have the propensity to accumulate a lot of cruds that can be very sticky.
There are some obvious indications that a comprehensive cleaning is necessary. The resin or tar accumulation, the light brown or black debris that accumulates after a flower is burned in a pipe, will probably be present even if you can’t physically see it.
Even the most extreme stoners eventually must confess that a pipe, bong, or vaporizer needs to be cleaned.
Even while cleaning isn’t usually on the list of enjoyable stoner activities, it’s a relatively straightforward task that will significantly improve the quality of your next session.
How do you go about cleaning?
Cleaning a glass pipe is incredibly easy; all you need are everyday household items. These are:
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Zip top bag
- Coarse salt
- Cotton swabs
Salt increases friction to help remove any challenging parts, while alcohol aids in removing bacteria and glue. You must follow a step-by-step process to have a spick and span glass pipe.
- Fill the pipe with alcohol and salt: Pour roughly a teaspoon of salt into a pipe that is four inches long, and then almost wholly fill it with alcohol. You can omit it if you don’t have coarse salt on hand, but it will aid in removing particularly ingrained filth.
- Shake the pipe: Put your fingers in the holes and shake it ferociously for up to two minutes. To avoid spills when shaking, place the pipe inside a small zip-top bag and close the gaps with your fingers on the exterior.
- Pour the mixture: Check the amount of accumulation that has been eliminated after pouring the salt and alcohol combination out, and repeat if required. When there is little to no debris left behind, and the alcohol runs clear, it is clean.
- Soak it: If you discover that this approach isn’t working (i.e., there are still a lot of stuck-on fragments inside the piece), you should immerse the item for several hours or overnight. Put the pipe in a zip-top bag (like a reusable silicone one designed for cleaning pipes) and fill it with isopropyl alcohol until it is completely submerged in the liquid.
- Dry the pipe: Once thoroughly cleaned to your satisfaction, rinse it with warm water and allow it to dry for one to two hours before utilizing it. You can also rub your pipe with a soft cloth once it is clean and brand-new. Is this action required? No. However, buffing your pipe will make it even more sparkly if you’re a stickler for detail like we are.
Most experts and habitual smokers will agree that the alcohol and salt method is the most straightforward, affordable, and efficient approach. People have tried cleaning pipes with water and dish soap in the past. Still, they claim they constantly return to using alcohol since it leaves such little residue and has robust antibacterial characteristics.
While isopropyl alcohol and table salt will undoubtedly do the trick, many cannabis users also utilize specialist cleansers, which frequently work more quickly and demand less direct care.
Cleaning your glass pipe daily will keep it functioning correctly and enhance the flavour and aroma of your cannabis. According to experts, regular users are advised to wash their pipes once a week, or at the very least, if they see resin accumulation.
We at Aussie Discreet ensure you get high-quality products at low prices. Our Sweet Puffs can be delivered in Sydney and other parts of Australia, and we ensure our customers always have a wonderful experience. Contact us today to buy your pipe!